Essex Maternity Photographer
The human body is an amazing thing, and your pregnancy really is a time to be celebrated and documented, it’s also a wonderful opportunity to create once in a lifetime memories of such a precious time in your life, how incredible would it be to show your children when they were older? I have three children and I have barely any photos of me pregnant… something I regret…
The best time for a maternity shoot is when you are obviously pregnant but not so large that you are uncomfortable, this is generally between 27 and 36 weeks, however, everyone is different, so use your own judgement.
I encourage you to include my hair and make up package as this can add to the whole pampering experience.
I have a very relaxed approach to your session, I work with all my clients making sure I understand exactly the type of images they want to achieve. A maternity session is also a great opportunity to get to know and meet a family before their newborn shoot.
I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have trained in the art of Maternity Photography with one of the best in the industry – Maria Murray from Sweet Bambini, I will be forever grateful for the training and mentoring I have received from her. Please check out her maternity photography, she is an exceptionally talented lady. www.sweetbambini.co.uk
What should I bring?
- Most client bring a selection of clothes and we style the shoot as we go along, bring clothes that you enjoy wearing, it’s important to bring clothing that reflect you.
- Some clients are happy to bare all others would rather not, I’m absolutely happy to work with whatever you feel most comfortable with.
- I would definitely recommend treating yourself to a black bra and matching knickers for low key shots.
- Dresses or skirts that show off your figure they can be flowing or tight it’s totally up to you.
- Please bring a pair of jeans if you have a pair that you can get into it doesn’t matter if they don’t do up.
- Tops need to be plain and logo free, please avoid narrow stripes too. An man’s skirt can look great and a white button up blouse is a great option.
- Please also bring anything that you would like me to include in your shoot.
Please don’t wear anything that is snug fitting the morning of the shoot, ie pants, socks, tight leggins as indentations in skin can be a hassle to edit.
What should my partner bring?
If your partner is joining you simple is best. Jeans, one black and one white t-shirt, shirt and trousers and again no logos or narrow stripes. Please try to co-ordinate colours but not so that you are matching.
The look you are going for?
Feel free to send me images that you have found on the internet so I can get a feel for the look you are going for.